Perpetually Unfinished
Wednesday, November 16, 2005
 

"People will come, Ray..." (Field of Dreams site)
Originally uploaded by brittgm.
Sorry for being incommunicado for so long. It's for several reasons:

1) Every word I can spare is going into my NaNovel. As of this moment, my total is 24,120 words. So, a little off pace (I should be at 25,000 as of yesterday), but traveling for work is throwing me off a bit. I shall blabber more about NaNoWriMo at a later date, though.

2) Traveling for work. I have been to Iowa twice in the last two weeks, and am probably going again next week. Hence the picture (although I took that one over Labor Day weekend). Anyway, Iowa is flat and boring and big. (It always looked small to me on the map, but really it's about the same size as Pennsylvania, which I always thought was really big. I think I just thought "PA is bigger than NJ, so PA is big, but Iowa is smaller than Illinois, so Iowa is small." Yeah, it doesn't make a lot of sense.) Anyway, the point of all that is that it takes a long time to drive to the middle of Iowa from Chicago. And then you think, "Oh, it'll be great, because I'll have hours at night in the hotel room to write," but sitting on your ass in a car for hours is actually surprisingly tiring, and all you want to do is lie in bed and watch silly shows on HBO.

3) The desire to be eloquent and profound in my entries. As you can probably tell from this one, I've decided, screw that.

Anyway, so, what else is new? More Dave-->Britt visitors from interesting places, who I shall again call out by name in hopes that they will say hello. We've got: Kansas City, Missouri; Newark, NJ; Chicago, IL (come on, if you're right here in Chicago, you've got to identify yourself!); and Columbus, Ohio. Except that I know that the Columbus one is Shara Celi, because she was nice enough to e-mail and say hi (and I will repay her by replying eventually, really!). See? Be like Shara.

Also, it's goddamn cold and windy in Chicago today. The temperature is 26 degrees, but the wind chill is 12. The wind is 23mph, gusting to 32mph. (Thanks, Weather.com!) It's really no fun.

Okay, when I start talking about the weather, I think it means it's time to stop. (Also, I make too many parenthetical statements.)
 
Comments:
you came to pittsburgh? when? i'm here...
(your little green tent looks like my little green tent)
 
I feel honored that I made your blog!
 
Post a Comment
Nature attains perfection, but man never does. There is a perfect ant, a perfect bee, but man is perpetually unfinished. He is both an unfinished animal and an unfinished man. It is this incurable unfinishedness which sets man apart from other living things. For, in the attempt to finish himself, man becomes a creator. Moreover, the incurable unfinishedness keeps man perpetually immature, perpetually capable of learning and growing.
--Eric Hoffer





Links
Andrew
Colleen
Katie
Kim
Kyle
Malavika (and the rest of The Quitters)
Matt
Meredith
Shannon
Tamica

Official NaNoWriMo 2005 Participant

ARCHIVES

July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / October 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / March 2007 /

Powered by Blogger